Wednesday, July 7, 2010

JDH

A couple weeks back I was introduced to a fine young artist from out here on the west coast, Jonny Hughes, who goes by the little stage name of JDH. Saw him perform in Victoria and instantly became a fan of his tunes. With just himself a laptop and some gear he makes some sweetly sounding indie pop tunes, and with a vulnerable yet can turn fierce sounding vocal style. I really dug his vocals and they reminded me a bit of scottish group We Were Promised Jetpacks whom I love, but as well his catchy synths and beats also won me over and they were better than most Owl City tracks that's for sure. Definitely a stand out track for me is Good Morning, super dancey beats and some solid layering going on there.

If you go here you can hear his tunes on ye olde myspace.

If you go here you can go to his website itself and grab tunes off it for free, but make sure you give him some love back.

As well go here to read a stellar review of Jonny's albums and a bit more about him and his life, which is pretty miraculous and awesome by the by.

No comments: